Monday, February 18, 2008

West Virginia

I have been so busy lately. I went to West Virginia for my Nannie's 90th birthday party. Then I came back & the next day, I threw a baby shower for my friend. Two days later, my bestest Minnesota friend came to visit me, so I haven't had any downtime to sit & blog. I certainly have plenty of pictures to post & will try to do so this week. To top everything off, I have been fighting the flu & it keeps coming back. Ugh! It's hard to be sick when you have company in town & when you have to care for 2 little ones. Poor Ronnie got sick too. It's been a long weekend!

My Nannie's 90th birthday party was a success! My Mom & Aunt Pat really worked hard to get the food prepared & to decorate. Rachel & I helped were we could & baby Gracie whined the entire weekend. What a surprise! Someday she will get past this stage, but I keep praying that happens sooner rather than later.

It was nice to see my Nannie. Her sister, "Aunt Nancy", was there. They were a total hoot to watch. Neither one of them can hear. They would talk to each other & every other word was "What?" Plus, they fought over attention & Aunt Nancy ended up in the ER due to being sick. Amazingly, she was fine just in time for Nannie's party. She also brushed her teeth with Ben Gay by mistake & thought she was going to die. I imagine that was pretty painful! Aunt Nancy is 88 years old. They were like big kids fighting all weekend. What an exhausting weekend!


Yvonne, Kayla, Kim, Nannie, & Aunt Pat

Aunt Pat, Cousin Ray, & Mom
Nannie & the great grand kids
Four generations!
Uncle Rob pretends to sleep!
Cousin Kim & Gracie
Love ya Uncle Charles!
Rob being crazy as usual!
Rachel's brood in 4 generations
Aunt Nancy & her son Ray & daughter-in-law Maggie & her "baby" Cookie

Ain't that sweet!

These 2 wrestled all weekend long!
Sisters!
Gracie just loves her Uncle Charles
Nannie & her kids


Precious memories



Gracie's first taste of ice cream
Yummy!

2 comments:

IzzyBeth said...

Yay!! Pictures! Those are awesome and treasured pictures of your Grandma. I wish I had been able to get pictures like that with my Grandma before she passed away.

And as for the last picture of Gracie - that may have been her first ice cream, but I gave her the first taste of sugar!!! :-)

Sarah said...

I love the pictures you got some awesome ones! Thanks for the CD with the pics too BTW. You know what's funny? the picture you have with Gracie and Uncle Charles? I have one with LeeAnn around 7 months old and she is trying her best to get away from him! Hysterical! I updated my blog just in case you haven't seen it! :)