Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Dog times Two... Craziness!

Well, Ronnie finally convinced me of something that I never thought I would do. We got 2 dogs. Not one, but 2! What the heck was I thinking? They are adorable & very good for puppies. They rarely bark & lounge around for the most part. That is, when they take a break from peeing & pooping. I just wish the snow would melt. We went to the shelter to pick up a puppy. The kids were begging for 2 dogs, but I had my limits. I filled out the paperwork & paid for our new dog. The $100 included all his shots, neutering, & deworming. Seemed like a bargain for such an adorable puppy. As we were walking out the door, the shelter begged me to take his sister. She was crying & they didn't want to separate the two dogs. She said she would give me the girl for free. Ugh. I gave in & now I have 2. Their names were Mickey & Minnie & my mom would have loved the kids forever if they would have left the names unchanged. However, the kids had a different idea. They are now called Midnight Moon Roberts & Carley Marie Roberts. I have tried to give these puppies away, but my dear little kids have cried & made me feel like a monster. Even my husband wants to keep them. So, the puppies will stay unless we find out if they happen to be allergic. They have been sick since we got them & I took the kids Monday to get tested for allergies.

On another note, the ironic thing about the puppies are that Carley is a mini Gracie. She's more active, likes to chew on things, & just has more energy. She doesn't like to be told no. The boy dog is a mini-Ronnie. Midnight gets his feelings hurt if you tell him no. He's very laid back & likes to chill most of the time. Maybe he'll take up video games! I think I'm softening a little in my old age...










1 comment:

Mom Of Many said...

Hi Ruth,
I wanted to stop by and thank you for joining in the friends at A Place Called Simplicity....

Your kiddos are adorable and your little Grace looks like a friend of mines daughter (although she is all grown up now)...I did a double take when I saw her pic...crazy, huh?

Anyway, I pray as I type this that your day is blessed and that you understand just how deep God's love for you is..

Hugs from Colorado, Linn