Friday, June 26, 2009

Summer Update

Here I go again - more than a month between blogs. So much going on this summer. Gracie started daycare June 1st. It was traumatic for her (and momma) for a couple of weeks. She does really well now, but comes home in a very cranky mood every evening. I will be glad when she is fully adjusted. Ron says I'm much calmer now. It's better for everyone because I can focus on work & then be done in the evenings & spend time with my kids.

Ronnie finished baseball on Wednesday. It was kind of a sad ending. His team was tied for 2nd place for the season. They played their hearts out & I was hoping to see them play in the championship game. The kids had fun & seemed okay with their loss. They did their best. Ronnie continues to improve in baseball & I think it will be his best sport, but he says he likes basketball the most. He struggled a little at the end with his batting, but he was starting to tag people out & getting very good defensively. He was selected to be on the All Star team (which just means he plays one game on Saturday).

On another note, I asked Tiffany to teach Ronnie how to swim underwater without plugging his nose. She showed him one time how to breate & my little fish took to it immediately! I am so proud. I can't even do it. Then he spent the next half hour trying to teach Momma how to swim. He is doing strokes in the pool & can do hand stands & flips. Amazing to see!

Gracie turned 2 on June 12th. She is getting so big. She no longer receives therapy through First Steps. She still doesn't talk as much as her peers, but she is improving every day. She loves to play dress up, play with her kitchen & be outside. She's not a fan of swimming. She'll swim for a few minutes & then be done. We have started on potty training. She likes to run around naked with flip flops. I would take a picture, but it's probably not something I could post... :) Yesterday, she peed in the dog crate & the laundry room. She moves to a new room in daycare on Monday & will start the potty training regime. She's interested in the potty, but doesn't really get the concept. So, stay tuned...

The dogs... What can I say? I want to get rid of them. They are destructive & annoying for me, but the kids are so attached to them. I talked to Ron about finding them a nice farm to go to, but Ronnie said he wouldn't be able to go on without them. He would just die. My dear husband said we will keep them for now & hope that they calm down once our fence is up & they can run around & get their energy out! I have a hole in my wall & my screen, there is pee on the carpet, puke on the carpet, & a chewed up deck & tree dug up in my back yard. So, once again, I lose the battle with the dogs & will tolerate them to keep the peace. That's it for now. See you in a month!

No comments: