Friday, May 15, 2009

Pottys, baseballs, and whatever else!

Gracie received a potty chair for Easter from Aunt Shell. She LOVES to strip naked & sit on the potty, but will absolutely not pee in it. She peed in my chair instead. Nice. Now I can't keep her diaper on. She can be a bit of a stinker. Her speech is taking off in leaps & bounds! I'm so excited to hear her ask for things using words. She says phone very clearly & has called many people on my contact list without my knowledge. She has learned to jump & does it whenever she can. If you see her, ask her to jump for you. It makes her very happy to do this! She still loves her doggies & they have learned to be patient with her. She hugs them very tight around the neck & they just lick her face & tolerate her.

Ronnie is playing baseball & is tremendous! He hit an in-the-park home run yesterday & was named player of the game. He rarely strikes out. I love to watch him play, though I find myself getting a tad competitive. Quite sad to be "that" mom. I love our parents of the kids. We hang out & talk & have a good time. It's hectic, but fun. Not much else to report. Gracie starts daycare on June 1st & it will be the first time she is away from me everyday. I think it will be good for both of us, but I know I will miss having so much time with her.

I get to go to Shipshewana with my Mom on Monday. Can't wait to go & have fun & relax! We get to eat a meal cooked by an Amish family & go to the shops & flea markets. Then in a couple of weeks, I get to go with my sisters to West Virginia to celebrate my Nannie's high school graduation. Yes, she is 91 & graduating from high school! Isn't she amazing?!?! What an inspiration she is!


























1 comment:

Sarah said...

The potty thing will come in time. But for now, at least she is becoming familiar with it and learning what she is supposed to do it in. LeeAnn was 2 and a half and I could never get her to pee in the potty. I finally just put her in underwear and she found out she didn't like peeing on herself. :) Glad to hear about Ronnie's games! How much longer does he play? I will have to go see him play if I have a chance! Can't wait for WVa. It should be lots of fun all of us going and being with the family!