Sunday, March 9, 2008

Update on Dad

My Dad came home from the hospital on Thursday in much better shape! He's still experiencing soreness in his leg/groin area from all of the procedures he has had to endure. I am a little worried since he told me today he is experiencing swelling in that area. It just seems like his recuperation keeps getting complicated. I'm praying for a positive outcome. Before he left the hospital, he had another setback with a hematoma (I think that was what it was called...). I guess it will just be a lifelong thing to get his blood levels checked & his Coumadin forever adjusted. For those interested in reading his perspective on what happened, he wrote a column for the paper. I might add that he wrote this while in the hospital because a deadline is a deadline! Plus I believe he may have been bored out of his mind! To be honest, I'm sure he was thrilled when he learned he had internet in his room!

http://www.theheraldbulletin.com/archivesearch/local_story_068205254.html

Love ya Dad & I know we don't say it often enough, but I'm so glad you are my Dad & that you are okay. I know my little boy tries to teach me that heaven is something to look forward to, but it's hard for those left behind to comprehend losing you! It's funny how a 5 year old's perspective can be clearer than an adult's!

1 comment:

IzzyBeth said...

Great story - glad he is at home and doing better. :-)