Thursday, December 4, 2008

Screaming times 2.5 hours! Yikes!

Well, I took Ronnie & Gracie to the ENT on Tuesday. Gracie wasn't thrilled to be there. That is actually putting it mildly. She screamed (the kind where she throws herself on the ground) for 2.5 hours. Yes, that's correct - 2.5 hours while we WAITED for a hearing eval. The regular person who does the hearing tests called in sick. They had someone else who came from another office, but they were so backed up that we had to wait for an eternity. By the time we left, I was in tears with her. The nurses suggested that I walk her up & down the halls to get her energy out. We tried that, but all it accomplished was to allow the other offices to hear her cries. I guess it was a smart suggestion for our doctor, because they couldn't hear her screaming from down the hall. By the time we arrived home, it was almost 6pm. Our appointment was at 3:10. She was so exhausted that she fell asleep in my arms & all of my frustrations melted away. (Until she awoke at 10pm & wouldn't go back to sleep, but that is another story...)

The hearing test showed that she had some hearing loss, but they attributed it to fluid in her ear & they think it can be corrected with ear tubes. Initially the doctor suggested more antibiotics. I calmly (but loudly to be heard over the screaming) stated that I could have received antibiotics from the pediatrician. I was here for something else because 4 rounds of antiobiotics couldn't clear her ears, so I wasn't interested in a 5th round. Yes! He agreed & we have our appointment scheduled for 12/19 at 6:30am. If all goes well, this could potentially help her with her speech. She has her first speech therapy appointment on 12/9 & we will see how that goes. Well, that's about all that's new for now. On to the pictures...


Gracie was pointing at the laptop, so we all did it. It was funny at the time...


Tiffany & Ronnie are so fun together!


Ronnie & Daddy on his birthday! Ronnie got Daddy a Wii game (that was on Ronnie's Christmas list!)


Silly boy!



Ronnie & his webkinz eating dinner





Gracie loves to play on her computer. She sees me on my laptop & imitates me!





They took this. Aren't they cute?













3 comments:

Don Crane said...

So awesome! I love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

OMG! (do I sound like Tiffy :)I would have been suicidal if I had to wait that long with a screaming child! Good for you standing up the doctor. I hope this helps with her speech!

Becky

candi said...

Hope everything is going well. Gracie is getting so big! Both kids are adorable! I feel for you about the 2.5 hour screaming and must say I am thankful it wasn't me:)