Tuesday, April 8, 2008

How out of shape am I???

So I decided to start my farewell to fat life change. Ronnie has been begging me to get out the bike trailer & pull him & Gracie around the neighborhood. Sounds pretty simple, right? Well, for someone who has avoided any physical activity for the past year or 2, I had pretty high expectations for myself. Ron pumped up the tires, we buckled in the kiddos, & I set out for a long, leisurely stroll around the neighborhood. Five minutes later, after almost pushing the bike back, I pulled into the driveway, feeling like I was dying. I actually don't know if I was even gone 5 minutes, but it felt like an eternity! I calculated that with Gracie & Ronnie's weight & the weight of the trailer, I was pulling 100 pounds. I guess that's my excuse.


Day 2 of my life change, I decided to raise the seat on the bike because I thought that would help. Ron wasn't home & I spent an hour trying to figure out how to use his tools to raise the seat. I got the bolt loosened half way & then decided to wait for Ron to help me. The seat felt tight & the bolt was rusted on. So, we set out for another trek around the neighborhood. I must add that my hind end was quite sore from the previous bike ride. This time, not only did I feel like I was dying, but the seat started swiveling while I was riding. Quite an experience!


So, today we shall see what happens. I want to keep this up so that eventually I will be able to be gone for 10 minutes instead of 5. Time will tell! And to add, you should see a 5 year old & a 9 month old squeezed into a tiny little bike trailer. They say it's built for 2, but that's a stretch!


On another note, Jason spent the night with Ronnie a week ago & they had such fun! I had to put in a picture of Jason who was all smiles!!!






Ronnie takes such good care of his sissy!


3 comments:

IzzyBeth said...

Hee hee. Right there with you and I haven't even tried riding my bike yet!!!

Anonymous said...

I was laughing so hard at the visual of you on this bike. FYI, biking does hurt your butt for the first few days, but eventually, you get used to it! (Not sure how long it takes to get used to pulling around 100 extra pounds...)

I'm glad that you are starting your diet and I hope it goes well. I'm still on mine and I'm down 15 pounds (with so many more to go...) Good Luck!

Becky

Anonymous said...

PS: I love the pics of the kids. Jason was apparently having a great time!!

Becky