Sunday, April 6, 2008

Screaming! Oh the joys of the shrill sound...

Gracie has picked up a new talent. She screams to the top of her lungs - happy or sad - it all sounds the same. I can tell you that I am not a fan of this noise, but she likes to explore new sounds. We went to the library & I put her in a stroller. She let me & the entire library know that she wanted out of that stroller. So, in order to keep her quiet, I put her on the floor. She very quickly pulled off all of the books on the bottom shelf before I could catch her. Never again will I take her to the library!!! She has also mastered climbing stairs, though we try to discourage this. I had to get pictures because I'm very impressed with this skill. She will be 10 months old next Saturday.

Ronnie has signed up for baseball. He tends to hate things before he tries them & often decides he doesn't like something without ever giving it a try. He told Daddy that he hated baseball & didn't want to play. We told him that he already committed to it & we paid for the season. He had to play this year & then we wouldn't make him play next year. He thought it wouldn't be fun because he likes to wrestle & football seemed more interesting. He had his first practice last Thursday & he LOVED it! We are figuring him out & learning that we need to have him try things before he decides he doesn't like it.

On the pictures, I took some of Gracie screaming. I wanted to capture the essence of this most annoying noise. However, I think it looks cute & she appears as though she is smiling. It didn't work. If only I had a digital camcorder to record the noise for all to enjoy... Also, note the scratch on her nose. Mommy's thumbnail met her nose. Let's just say that she was very unhappy with me!

By the way, my Dad wrote an article about Gracie. Click on the link if you are interested in reading it. It's quite comical!

http://www.theheraldbulletin.com/archivesearch/local_story_096163116.html



Here is a picture of Gracie SCREAMING!

Another one of Gracie screaming & Ronnie laughing at her!
They LOVE to wrestle...
Isn't that too sweet! He's ready to play ball.

Daddy, aren't you going to stop me?


Look at that scratch! Ouch Mommy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics. Gracie is too cute climbing those stairs. Ouch on the nose! Ronnie looks adorable in his baseball gear. Have fun with it :)

Love Aunt Becky