Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Proud Momma!

Ronnie had a baseball game last night, in the cold rain. Why oh why does it ALWAYS rain on game days? I had Gracie all bundled up & sitting under my big golf umbrella, trying to keep us both dry. She screamed for 2 innings straight as she wanted to be down. Our team was being slaughtered by the other team 8-2, so I figured I would go ahead & go home. It's too hard to hold her for that long when she is trying to get down & it's raining.

Ronnie came home in the BEST mood I have ever witnessed from him. He was carrying the game ball. He told me that he got a single, double, & triple, scored 2 runs, had 3 RBI's & was player of the game. To top it off, they WON the game 10-8!!! I couldn't believe it. The one time I missed his game & all of this happened. He was so sweet & told me not to worry. He would have to hit it again so Momma could see. It was his turn to be picked for player of the game since the team rotates this honor (the kids are unaware). Ronnie was the last to be picked because until now, he hadn't really accomplished anything to be selected. Ron & I were worried that he wouldn't do much this game since it was a given that he would be picked due to the nature of rotation. Wow were we pleasantly surprised. I've never seen my 2 men so happy. Ronnie went to bed snuggling the game ball. It was the cutest thing I had ever seen!

2 comments:

IzzyBeth said...

Wow!!! That is awesome!!! Go Ronnie!!! Tell him I am proud of him and can't wait to see the game ball!!!

Sarah said...

Way to go Ronnie! Sounds like he is really getting the hang of the game now!