Thursday, October 2, 2008

Update on Ronnie

I took Ronnie to an ENT today for a checkup. He has had strep throat 3 times this year as well as many ear infections. It's so sad to see him sick all of the time. He has been complaining that he can't hear. The ENT did a hearing test & the good news is that he is not showing any permanent hearing loss, but he did show hearing deficits due to a large amount of fluid in his ears. The news: he has to have his tonsils & adenoids removed, new tubes put back in his ears, & something with his nasal passageway to open up his nose so he can breathe better. It is 4 different procedures in all (however it only takes 45 minutes to complete these procedures). Ronnie will have a 7-10 day recuperation & will have to miss school. They scheduled this for October 10th (Next Friday!!!) That was much quicker than I anticipated & I'm a little scared for him. It's tough to see my son feeling sick. As if that isn't enough, Gracie woke up at 3:30am this morning with a pretty high fever & she had some minor shaking (maybe more febrile seizures). Boy, I need to purchase a BIG thermometer because at 3:30 in the morning, those things are hard to find. I have to take her to the doctor today. Pray she gets better quickly so I only have 1 sick kid next week! :) Oh the joys of having more than one child!!! Any prayers would be appreciated. Thanks all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I don't know how you do it!! Poor Ronnie and Gracie. I'm glad that he is going to get his tonsils out because that will hopefully help with his ear infections, etc. Bummer that he will miss so much school - which he will probably be excited about! I'll be praying for them both.

Becky