Thursday, July 31, 2008

We have a real pool now!

I promised to blog about our pool saga, so here goes. We started with a baby pool. Ronnie was a good sport, but the water barely came up to the top of his feet. So, I splurged & got a $15 pool that was about a foot or 2 deep. He loved it, but it deflated within 4 days. I was so disappointed & Ron suggested that we get a "real" pool. I found one for $200 at Walmart that was 18' wide & 4' deep. It was marked down from $600, so we quickly snapped that up. Putting it up was supposed to be "easy" according to the box. However, if you have any slope whatsoever in your yard, this pool will not work. We found that out the hard way that our yard was too uneven. We filled up the pool & the next morning I watched as it completely collapsed & flooded the entire neighborhood! I was extremely upset & convinced my husband to find a way to fix it. Friday night, our neighborhood landscaping business was closed & I so desperately wanted it fixed NOW. Since we couldn't buy a truckload of sand, he bought bags & bags of the expensive sand ($300 to be specific) from Home Depot. He was a good sport. We spent an hour leveling our yard & back up went the pool. This time, it quickly collapsed again. So, $500 worth of money & no pool. We went out & bought a different kind of pool & put it up. It works great & Walmart graciously took back other our pool & gave us store credit. Ronnie has been very happy & has enjoyed this new pool. I couldn't be happier & more broke! I have pictures to share (that's what you are really here for anyway!) Ronnie swims every second of every day & has even started learning to do strokes, flips, & hand stands. I can't believe how good he swims (better than me!).

One more thing - Ronnie lost ANOTHER tooth. He's missing all 4 front teeth. It's so cute & he has such a hard time talking. He's striking it rich from the tooth fairy!


Ronnie's "tatoo" from Summer Camp
Why do big kids always want to play with baby toys???
Now it's Gracie's turn! (Those are not her feet underneath, but it looks like it!)
(Brother, give me back my floatie)


I LOVE my pool

Gracie doesn't like it quite as much
Gracie doing her new dance


Ronnie swims like a fish!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love your new pool. I am glad that Walmart took the other one back for ya. Yeah, Dad commented on my blog cause Mom had been waiting for me to post those pics for days. :) I have a ton more...I will have to show them to ya sometime.

Anonymous said...

I hope you have fun in Holiday World!! I need to come to your house this Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday in the AM to come swimming (if you would like us to!!) I could bring the kids and they'd have a blast! School is getting ready to start and Jason wants to see Ronnie...Just a thought to make sure you get your money's worth on the new pool!

Becky