Monday, January 14, 2008

YIKES!!!

Gracie has perfected the army crawl & is seriously keeping me on my toes. My dad warned me I would have my hands full & he was 100% correct! The other day I asked Ronnie to keep an eye on her while I checked my email. He left his chocolate milk cup on the floor (quite a ways away from her) and he went to "booby trap" the stairs. He puts up a lot of toys in front of the stairs so she won't roll down them, something we almost learned the hard way a few days ago. Gracie crawled over to his milk & proceeded to knock the cup over & roll all around in the milk! She had to make sure it would get nice & deep into the carpet.

Gracie is also fascinated with Ronnie's computer. When he's playing computer games, she likes to come over & try to turn off the computer. She likes anything & everything that is not a toy. Ronnie is becoming slightly frustrated with her because she will crawl over to his toys & try to play. However, his toys are too small for her, so he keeps having to move his toys. He asked me today if I would play with her away from him because he was "tired of moving my toys!"

Right now Gracie is chasing a ball all over my office. Everytime she gets close enough, she reaches for it & knocks it further away. It's entertaining to watch. I watched her eye a pen from across the room. She immediately took off for it when mean ol' Mommy took it away. And to think, she's not even using her knees to crawl yet. Once she figures that out, she will probably be much faster than me! YIKES!

2 comments:

IzzyBeth said...

Oh the joy that is Grace Marie! :-)

Sarah said...

I knew you were going to have your hands full one day when she was at my house and she was looking around at EVERYTHING and really watching Ronnie...she just notices everything! :) That story about the milk was funny but I am sure you didn't think so at the time! hahahaha