Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bringin' Back the Memories

I was talking to my parents one day about wanting to get a bunk bed for Ronnie. That's when they told me that they still had the bunk bed that my dad built for me as a kid! I was so excited. Mom & I dragged it down from the attic, piece by piece (while Gracie screamed!). Then we dragged it into the van. I then dragged it upstairs into my house & then back downstairs to paint it. This bed has tired me out, literally, but it is so worth the effort. Ronnie slept in it last night for the first time & could not stop talking about how much he LOVED it. I told him Grandpa built it & he was so impressed. As for me, I'm just nostaligic about how he is sleeping in my childhood bed. A bed my dad made me for Christmas. What a neat thing to hand down to my son. I took pictures of the bed! Ronnie was disappointed that I didn't paint it blue & red for Spiderman. If only he had asked me BEFORE I painted it. I am not dragging it back outside to paint it again. :) Ronnie spent about 1/2 hour last night arranging his Webkinz on the bottom bunk. That is their bed & he sleeps in the "Spiderman" bed on top. He was excited that he could touch the ceiling.



Had to put this in. The neighbor girls dressed Gracie up to match them. Gracie turns 1 TOMORROW!

1 comment:

IzzyBeth said...

That is awesome. I love sharing things with the kids that I had as a child.

I LOVE the Webkinz in the bottom bunk.

And happy birthday early to Gracie.