Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Please God, Grant Me Some PATIENCE!!!

Anyone who knows me, really knows me, knows that I don't have ANY patience. If you think that I am patient, then I have successfully fooled you. I sold Ronnie's bike in the Spring because he outgrew it. We kept meaning to get him a new bike, but we never remembered & he never asked. I was elated the other day when he actually asked me for a bike. We got him a bigger sized Spiderman bike. Yesterday, he fell on his bike (yes it has training wheels) and said he wanted to either sell his bike or leave it in the street so it would "get rolled over". I was not happy. Fortunately, he has been able to get back on, but oh my word, he is SLOW. His right training wheel is getting a lot of use. He stops constantly & then can't get restarted & he falls, yes falls, all the time. What the heck are the training wheels for??? When he falls, there are many tears shed. These are not high speed falls by any means. I don't even get wind in my hair. In fact, I don't even think that I peddle often at all. Please keep in mind that I am merely venting. I love my son, but I sure hope he is smart. I don't think he will be getting an athletic scholarship for anything.

He started football & had his first game on Saturday. It was cute to watch. He had no clue what to do and fell & cried because someone pushed him down. Isn't that the point? Anyway, I really just needed to vent because my nerves can't take anymore whining today. I'm going to post his football pictures. Thanks to Pops for taking these for us!!!





Ronnie is #6


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG you are soooo funny! You write very graphically like Dad! I love reading your blogs because they are so descriptive. Sorry you didn't get any "wind in your hair"!!!! Good luck with the biking. Do you want me to send Jason over to teach him to ride :) Don't worry, your kid is light years ahead of mine in the swimming issue.....

Becky

Sarah said...

I am the same way as you Ruth. I get so frustrated with LeeAnn I can't even see straight. Like tonight we have worked all night on studying for a test and she just now got the answers right on a practice test! I feel like she has so much trouble learning! So, no matter what the struggle, every kid is going to have something they struggle at. Ronnie will get it with some more time and Patience. :) And like Becky said...he's a fish in the water!

Anonymous said...

Ronnie just learned his lesson too well about pushing people. He told Pop he wasn't allowed to push. Pop explained to him that it was ok in football but only in football.

Grammy